- Keith Vincent’s Eclipse software mega-webinars May 22 and 23 2020 - We're helping to spread the word. Continue reading
- BIVR Tuesdays - Fresh dictation under "Resources" in the Members' area. Every Tuesday, free to members, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for… Continue reading
- BSL Health Access - BIVR is pleased to promote SignHealth and http://www.bslhealthaccess.co.uk/ PRESS RELEASE - BSLHealthAccess launch https://signhealth.org.uk Continue reading
- Examinations Extravaganza - Sorry, we've had to postpone this due to the Coronavirus outbreak. More information when we have a fresh date. Wishing… Continue reading
- Broaden your Skills and Know-How - Are you a stenographer who is au fait with the legal world of realtime reporting but would like to learn… Continue reading
- Train with MyClearText and Interpreting Matters – Sat 1 Feb 2020 - Orla Pearson of MyClearText in conjunction with Interpreting Matters are putting on a training day. Contact: email@example.com for more details and… Continue reading
- BIVR Awareness Week 2019 - BIVR Awareness Week 2019 – a fun-packed 5 evenings and 3 days! Drinks evenings 8, 9, 11 and 12 July… Continue reading
BIVR updates from Facebook
1 week ago
We are delighted to share the new offering from our friends over at INTERSTENO - International Federation for info and communication processing.
Well done and congratulations!We are happy to announce the launch of our new free online Intersteno journal: Tiro - The Journal of Professional Reporting and Transcription! Welcome to read and comment on our first issue at tiro.intersteno.org ...
We would like to offer our huge congratulations to member Lisa Cordaro who has recently been awarded the contract to supply live captions for the World Health Organization (WHO), including its daily briefing press conferences on the COVID-19 pandemic.
A palantypist of 31 years’ standing, Lisa began working in court but moved into the area of Speech-to-Text/captioning in the early 1990s. Lisa was a BIVR Council Member for a number of years, BIVR President-Elect in 2003, and was the founder and inaugural Chair of the Association of Verbatim Speech to Text Reporters (AVSTTR). Up and running with her own company, StellarComms, for two years, Lisa is a Trustee of the NRCPD, is an NRCPD-registered professional , and in 2014 was shortlisted for Signature’s Communication Professional of the Year Award. Lisa is also the recipient of the Incorporated Phonographic Society’s Apsey-Haines medal of achievement, passing at 250wpm.
Lisa, we wish you continued success in the profession and also thank you for the contributions you’ve made to it, and will continue to make.
Captions play a vital role for millions of people in the UK and around the world. Like Lisa, many of our members are able to provide access remotely so as to continue to be able to best serve those who rely on live subtitles/captions 👉🏻 bivr.org.uk/find-a-reporter/?ul_filter_qualified_in=Verbatim%20STTR%2FCaptioning%20-%20Remote ...
Just because the United Kingdom Council on deafness UKCOD’s Deaf Awareness Week 2020 draws to a close today does not mean that being deaf aware stops...
We thought we’d just take a moment to remind folks that being Deaf Aware can also be as simple as not covering your mouth when you speak, or ensuring you face those you are speaking to, not speaking too loudly or too slowly.
Those are just a few examples, and below we have included some literature from organisations such as National Deaf Children's Society and Action Deafness.
Our members who provide access via live subtitles/captions, whether onsite or, as is our new normal, remotely, are Deaf Aware and are ready to assist those who require their services.
Enjoy your Sunday, folks.