We are not currently in a position to offer International Membership of BIVR to those who live and work abroad, but only to those who hold the appropriate visas/work permits required for non-UK citizens.

For International Membership, an applicant should be eligible to transfer in to BIVR with full membership once Council is satisfied that qualifications have been gained by undertaking similar examinations to those we ask all our members to undertake here in the United Kingdom.

Needless to say, BIVR membership does not confer upon International members any right to work in the UK. To work in the UK, the necessary visas/work permits required for non-UK citizens are required. Therefore, International members should not use the fact of their BIVR membership (once granted) to attempt to gain said visas/work permits.

Please see this government website for more detailsĀ https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa