Freelance Audio Transcribers – UKBy Mary Sorene on
Auscript is Australia’s leading provider of court recording and transcription services, with close to 100 years’ experience in the industry and seven offices throughout the country.
We tripled the size of our business two and a half years ago, and we have an ongoing goal to continue to build an enviable work culture and environment that inspires our employees. This mission remains as pertinent as ever as our award-winning solutions are poised to bring further global growth opportunities. For more information visit www.auscript.com.au
We are now expanding into the UK and are looking for motivated individuals to join us on this journey.
This opportunity allows you to decide how much or how little you’d like to work. How many positions are out there that let you get the perfect work/life balance? Not many! As one of our on-demand Audio Transcriber freelancers you can structure your hours around your UNI schedule, the kids and even your gym timetable. Due to an increased demand, we are now seeking interest from experienced freelance Audio Transcribers and Stenographers. Your services will include transcribing digital audio spanning across legal, courts, government and corporate fields as well for private individuals.
If you are looking for the flexibility to deliver your services along with the skills, experience and interest to provide transcription services we would love to hear from you!
- You will have a minimum typing speed of 80 wpm with a proven commitment to accuracy at a rate of 99%
- You will have experience as an Audio Transcriber in the UK
- Excellent knowledge of the English language with a strong emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar
- A proven eye for detail with the ability to effectively listen and concentrate for periods of time
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written
- Excellent time management skills and be someone who enjoys working to deadlines
About the Tools
Memory – 4GB (minimum), 8 GB (recommended)
- software that’s capable of playing MP3 audio files with a compatible digital foot pedal to control audio speed (Apple computers are unfortunately not compatible with the Record Player)
- Internet connectivity with a minimum download speed of 1.5 megabits per second
- Minimum Microsoft Word 2007
- Latest industry standard anti-virus/security software
The Next Steps
To register your interest please apply and attach your CV and cover letter and we will be in contact with you soon regarding initial testing.
Phone: +44 2037 098 928