Freelance Stenographers Required
An opportunity exists for Stenographers to join our skilled and well-motivated team covering real-time proceedings, same-day and deferred transcription work in the England/Wales and Northern Ireland. We are particularly looking for Stenographers based in Northern Ireland.
In this role, you will be responsible for taking a verbatim record of proceedings (either online or in attendance), some of which will be required in real-time and producing transcripts form digital audio.
Working days will be primarily Monday to Friday, start and finish times will vary, depending on our client’s needs, therefore, flexibility is required. To be successful in this role, you must possess the skills and attributes outlined below:
- A qualified member of BIVR
- A takedown speed of no less than 200-220 wpm
- An accuracy rate of 98.25%
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, with particular emphasis on spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Acute attention to detail
- Be reliable and demonstrate good time management, attention to detail, strong communication skills and calmness under pressure.
- Knowledge of UK Court proceedings is a bonus.
Salary/Rates – Negotiable, depending on skills and experience. To register your interest, please send your CV to email@example.com